A WORD ABOUT EXPEDITION TRAVEL
Our expeditions are rated to assist you in choosing the trip that's right for you. Because of the agility required on most expeditionary-class ships, in sea kayaks, or on raft-based trips, participants with significant disabilities, chronic heart and/or respiratory problems, or other potentially debilitating medical conditions are advised NOT to register for these trips. Please note that the M/V Sea Wolf is rated as fully accessible. By forwarding the registration deposit for any expedition-class trip you are certifying that you are in good physical health and capable of performing all normal activities.
(1) EASY: Hotel, lodge, ship, or small boat-based trips, no camping, hikes of up to 2 miles, and minimal exposure to high elevations.
(2) EASY TO MODERATE: Lodge, ship, or camping based, hikes of 2-4 miles, optional sea kayaking, small plane travel, and moderate elevation gains.
(3) MODERATE TO STRENUOUS: Expedition ship, small plane, small boat or raft-based, remote wilderness localities, possible primitive camping, and trail or off-trail hikes of up to 6-8 miles, at elevation.
(4) STRENUOUS: Expeditionary and rugged
in nature, primitive camping, full-day hikes in
steep mountainous terrain, as well as possible sea kayaking or whitewater rafting.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
To register for one of Cloud Ridge's seminars, fill out the registration form and send it to us, along with your non-refundable deposit. In the event a trip is full, we'll add your name to a wait-list and return your deposit. Balance of all tour fees is due 90 days prior to departure, unless otherwise noted. Registrations within 90 days of departure must include payment in full.
All cancellations must be made in writing. Because we must send payments to our travel suppliers well in advance of our departures, we cannot offer refunds beyond those described below. We appreciate your understanding! Cancellation refunds are made according to the following schedule:
- Cancellation received 90 days or more prior to a trip's departure, all trip costs, less the deposit, will be refunded. The deposit will also be refunded if we are able to fill your space from a wait-list.
- Cancellation received less than 90 days prior to departure, no refund is possible unless we can fill your space from a wait-list.
TRIP CANCELLATION & TRAVEL INSURANCE
We require that all trip participants purchase some form of travel insurance, either trip cancellation and/ or medical emergency/evacuation coverage, to protect your travel investment in the event of illness or injury to you or to a family member prior to or during the trip. Contact Cloud Ridge for information on the range of insurance options available. Emergency evacuation from remote wilderness areas is extremely expensive and not included in standard medical insurance policies. Participants covered by Medicare are advised that Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S; a travel insurance policy does.
Don't leave home without it!
Cloud Ridge Naturalists is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c) 3 organization providing educational opportunities in the natural sciences and financial support to entities and individuals conducting research in critical areas of conservation concern. If you feel that you would like to become a Supporting Member ($25) or a Sponsor ($50 or more), we are extremely grateful. All contributions, unless expressly specified, underwrite our scholarship program or to help defray expenses.
Cloud Ridge Naturalists
8297 Overland Road
Ward, CO 80481-9532
Phone: (303) 459-3248